It's been a few years, but since I recently moved to a new city and I just had a birthday last weekend I thought it would be fun to make a new list: 32 things to do before I turn 33.
1. Fix my shoulder. This one is not so fun, unfortunately, but it's necessary. I've torn at least a tendon and possibly the cartilage in my right shoulder. Once I know exactly what's going on my doctor will be able to figure out how to treat it. I'd like to avoid surgery if I can--maybe I should make that next?
2. Avoid shoulder surgery if at all possible.
3. Regain my strength/range of motion. I'm not sure I'll be able to get back to where I was before the injury in the next year, but that's definitely my goal. I was aiming for 10 pull ups without stopping, and I'd gotten to 8; I'd love to get to 10 or even back up to 8.
4. Assuming my shoulder heals, learn how to rock climb.
5. Fix my chronic hip and back pain, so I can:
6. Run another half marathon. Or some other interesting race that's at least 10 miles.
7. Learn DC's Metro system.
8. Get comfortable in DC--I know a few places decently well, but there's so much I've barely even heard of or have no idea how to get to easily.
9. Visit every museum in the District.
10. Register to vote here.
11. Travel outside the country--Germany, Scotland, England, Japan, I'm looking at you! And Paris and Greece and Italy and Spain and Amsterdam and Egypt and Iceland and and and....
12. Hang up pictures in my apartment.
13. Frame the last few things I need to frame, like my MPH diploma, and hang those up as well.
14. Find a rug that matches my living room.
15. Keep my apartment in its current lovely uncluttered clean state.
16. Get the cats down to a healthy weight.
17. Keep my new plants alive.
18. Read through my giant stack of unfinished books--I'm partly into at least half a dozen, I need to commit and finish them!
19. Get a library card here in DC. Find my nearest library.
20. Volunteer with Casey Trees on a regular basis.
21. Buy most of my veggies at the local farmer's markets.
22. Eat something new I've never tried before.
23. Try something again that I've had before and hated (kim chee? Ethiopian food?)
24. Host a Pie Day party in 2011.
25. Go see some good live music here in DC--I live just a few blocks from some of the city's best music venues, I need to check them out!
26. Find good sushi, good brunch, and good bagels in DC.
27. Keep up my weekly evening out (at a new place every week) with Hilary and a rotating cast of characters.
28. Make some new friends.
29. Update the design and banners on this blog (now with vintage 2006 design).
30. Sew something I can (and do) actually wear.
31. Find the perfect leather jacket.
32. Actually send this year's New Year's cards, instead of finding them in a box at the end of March, written & stamped, but not addressed....whoops, sorry about that, if you didn't get a card from me this year!